|Programme ||Intake |
|B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering||60|
The vision of the department is to be a premier and value based department committed to quality education with preparing students for success in Electrical Engineering and Technology profession.
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is committed to
•To provide quality teaching and enhance the creative talents of students with practical Engineering skills.
•To prepare students to develop competent Electrical Engineer.
•To motivate faculty and students to do meaningful research on social needs.
Programme Educational Objectives
Engineering Graduates will be able to-
Engineering knowledge- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
Problem analysis- Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
Design/development of solutions- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
Conduct investigations of complex problems- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Modern tool usage- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
The engineer and society- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Ethics- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
Individual and team work- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communication-Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Project management and finance-Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Life-long learning-Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes
• To begin career as a professional engineer or a researcher by acquiring knowledge in applied mathematics, science, engineering & technology
• To identify, formulate, design, develop, analyze and find the solution for the complex real world problems that is technically, economically and socially feasible and acceptable
• To exhibit ethical and moral attitude, communication skills, team work and leadership quality, ability to adapt to the current trends through lifelong learning
| QUALITY OBJECTIVES|
| •To improve the academic performance of the students |
| •To organize conferences, FDP and arrange guest lectures |
| •To achieve more satisfaction rating of customers |
| •To consistently improve the placement of the eligible candidates |
| •To be involved in research, mini-projects and technical papers for the industrial development of the country |
| • To exhibit ethical and moral attitude, communication skills, team work and leadership quality, ability to adapt to the current trends through lifelong learning |
| • In last ten years the department has transformed in terms of expertise, infrastructure and capacity |
| • We have been organizing many Symposiums, Workshops, industrial visit, Guest Lectures and Skill Development Programmes to encourage the students hone their personality and extracurricular skills |
| • The laboratories are highly modernized to reflect the rapidly changing trends in technology |
| • The Department has well-qualified faculty and excellent facilities for research |
| • The faculty and students have publications in the reputed National and International Journals |
| • Consistent improvement in Placement and Internship |
| • MoUs with leading industries |
POWER SYSTEM SIMULATION LABORATORY
To develop simple programs using MATCAD/MATLAB for the following basic requirements
• Formation of bus admittance and impedance matrices and network solution.
• Power flow solution of small systems using simple method, Gauss-Seidel P.F. method
• Unit Commitment and Economic Dispatch
RENEWABLE ENERGY LABORATORY
• To train the students in Renewable Energy sources and technologies
• To provide adequate inputs on a variety of issues in harnessing Renewable Energy
• To recognize current and possible future role of Renewable energy sources
ELECTRICAL MACHINES LABORATORY
• To expose the students to the operation of D.C. machines and transformers and give them experimental skill
• To expose the students to the operation and characteristics of Synchronous machines and induction motors
POWER ELECTRONICS AND DRIVES LABORATORY
• To provide hands on experience with power electronic converters and testing
• To acquire knowledge on AC to DC converter circuits, AC to AC converters
• To Practice and understand converter and inverter circuits and apply software for engineering problems
CONTROL AND INSTRUMENTATION LABORATORY
• This lab provides knowledge on analysis and design of control system along with basics of instrumentation
• Illustrate adequate knowledge in the time response of systems and study state error analysis
• Examine the frequency-domain response of closed loop system
• Build a compensator system satisfying requirements
• Analyses the stability linear systems
• Develop state models for linear time invariant system
|S.No ||Photo ||Name ||Designation ||Email ||Mobile #||Profile |
|2||Mr.B.Rajapagalavan M.E.(Ph.D)||Assistant Professoremail@example.com||8870974197||View|
|S.No ||Photo ||Name ||Designation ||Email ||Mobile #||Profile |
|1||Mr.G.VENKATESH D.E.C.E ||Technical Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org ||9043251046||View|
|2||Mr.N.Pandian D.E.E.E||Technical Assistantemail@example.com||9047299052||View|
|3||Mrs.M.BABY D.E.E.E||Technical Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org||760106224||View|